Email:

Thursday 19 September 2013

Lacking my muse, daemon, genius today

After the creative joy of a couple of weeks I find myself laboriously grinding through every thought today. I remembered Elizabeth Gilbert's talk below, you might well have seen it, five and a half million times it has been watched.
It also chimes with something I say when I coach someone building their website: 'just do the bit that you can do, you might feel a lot better about it after that.'
And as an exercise in humility I have taken up drawing. I have to grind through the early stages to get to the Gestalt - awful, awful, awful, huh alright. Well I might not even get to the alright but I certainly won't if I don't grind through the awful beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner